The Successful Communication Program consists of six seminars, each designed to help improve a selected area of communication skills.
How To Listen Effectively
When other people talk, do you listen to what they mean, or do you just hear what they say? Listening is a much more active skill than some many think. Effective listening requires certain techniques for receiving, organizing and interpreting what has been said. This program will help you recognize and develop these skills. Presentation time is 2 hours.
- 9 Techniques for Effective Listening
- The Essentials of Listening Techniques
- Be Motivated to use the Techniques on all Business and Social Activities
- Be a Better Listener
The Art of Effective Evaluation
Effective evaluations are the heart of the Toastmasters educational program. This evaluation training program will give all Toastmasters the knowledge, motivation and skills needed to become more effective evaluators. Presentation time is 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Build Your Thinking Power
Part I: Mental Flexibility
Mental flexibility can be defined as a way of thinking – an attitude. It’s a way of approaching situations that allow you to adapt your behavior so you can achieve the best outcomes. By increasing your mental flexibility, you become a better listener, a keener observer, a more skilled thinker and a more effective problem solver. Presentation time is 2 hours.
- Looking at the World in New Ways
- Getting Free of Rigid Attitudes
- Appreciating Others Points of View
- Taming Your Value Judgements
- Developing Your Semantic Flexibility
- Increasing Your Conceptual Fluency
- Thinking on Your Feet
Part II: The Power of Ideas
People who are skilled at producing new ideas can make a profoundly important contribution to our society. This program will clarify the basic principles of creative thinking and explore specific techniques that can make all of us more effective idea producers.
- Developing Your Imagination
- Option Thinking
- Opportunity Thinking
- Mental Calisthenics
- Creating Combinations
From Speaker to Training
Many businesses and organizations have realized the importance of training. Properly trained people increase productivity and make fewer mistakes. But how do you training people? In this program you’ll discover the five steps involved in preparing and presenting a training program using adult learning principles. You’ll also learn the roles of trainers and the differences between public speaking and training, and have practical experience in facilitating discussion and conducting sessions. You’ll learn how to make the learning experience enjoyable, too. Due to the amount of material to be covered, it is recommended to conduct this program in two 4 to 6 hours sessions.
Speechcraft is an eight-week, two-hours per session program to develop public speaking abilities of people who do not want to commit to joining a Toastmasters club. Experienced Toastmasters present the fundamentals of public speaking in a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere. Through participation, attendees will become experienced and poised speakers. .
Companies, non-profit organizations, social groups, churches and senior citizen groups are prime places to conduct a Speechcraft.
Speechcraft will improve your performance in…
- Meeting the public
- Conducting business meetings
- Motivating people
- Interviewing for jobs
- Selling ideas or products
- Solving problems
- Communicate more effectively at work and at home
- On the job, you will be able to work more effectively with your employer, associates, subordinates, and customers.
- Your conversation at home with the family will be more fun and productive.
- You will be more effective in your community activities, too.