THE JOHN E. FOSTER, DTM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Nomination Process & Requirements
Nominations must be submitted no later than March 14 of the current Toastmaster year. Each club in District 38 may submit one (1) candidate who meets the requirements stated below.
The nominating club must submit, in writing, all Toastmasters-related accomplishments, achievements, and honors received by the candidate. (These may have been attained in any district other than District 38.) Achievements from other organizations will also be considered.
The candidate must demonstrate an exemplary, positive attitude in private life as well as in Toastmasters. He/she should exemplify the Toastmasters “role model.”
The candidate need not be a member of the nominating club, but he/she must be a District 38 Toastmasters member in good standing.
The candidate for the award:
– Must be an active member of District 38 for a minimum of five (5) years.
– May NOT be a District Officer when under consideration for this award.
– Must be an ATM/ATM-B/AC-B or higher.
– Must have held the position of Club President.
In addition, the nominee must meet the following:
– Attend Club meetings regularly.
– Attend Area/Division contests regularly.
– Attend District Conferences regularly.
– Have functioned as a Chief Judge in an Area contest or higher.
– Have conducted at least one (1) Youth Leadership/Speechcraft module.
– Have been a Club Sponsor, Club Mentor or Club Specialist for at least one (1) club.
– Have served one (1) full term as a District Officer (appointed or elected).
– Have sponsored a total of at least 5 club members.
Presentation of Award
The John E. Foster, DTM Achievement Award will be presented to the selected candidate at the District 38 Spring Conference .
Previous Recipients of The John E. Foster, DTM Achievement Award
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL WRITTEN NOMINATIONS TO:
Sam Woods, DTM at Foster@tmdistrict38.org
Deadline for submission of nominations is March 14, 2018.